Monday, January 16, 2012

Ugly Manicure Monday - 01

Hi there!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experienced a bad manicure that, in theory, should have turned out pretty. I like the idea- just not the color combination with my skin tone (it really did look good on paper)...

My nails painted with Julep - Whitney.

I painted 2 coats of Whitney. Then I painted a strip of my nail foil glue across the tips. Once the glue was tacky, I dipped the tips into the glitter. I used a wet q-tip to remove any excess glitter and to straighten out the smile line. After the glue dried, I applied 2 coats of Julep's topcoat. Be sure to wrap your tips if you try this manicure :-)

Sooo, since I like the idea of posting ugly manicures on Mondays... I'm asking you to help me out by emailing me any ugly manicures (intentional or not) that you have happened to photograph! Include your name, the names of the polish you used, and any other information you'd like to include. I'll post them as I receive them, as I hope I don't create ugly manicures too frequently for myself!

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. I like ugly manicures :) Especially this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like ugly manicures :) Especially this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like this and would wear it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and the ugly manicures idea! Great info on how you do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think this is ugly by any means. Maybe a brighter tan - one with less gray undertones - would bring out the blue better. Still, I like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks perfect to me!!! Great idea with the foil glue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know some people really like them but I just can't get behind these "muddy" taupe colors, probably because they look hideous with my skin tone. On a positive note, your nails are lovely, so long and uniform! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.
    Honestly i like the mani, especially the tips :) perfect smile line:D:)

    Have a nice day ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...