Tuesday, January 31, 2012

February Julep Maven - It Girl

Hi there!

I received my Maven box this afternoon and I couldn't decided which to play with first...

Julep - Rachel, Oscar, and Elizabeth.

So I played with all of them...

My nails painted with Julep - Rachel.

I painted 2 coats to achieve what's pictured. Rachel applied very smoothly, and I could have gotten away with just 1 thicker coat for opacity.

Rachel with Oscar...

My nails painted with Julep - Rachel and Oscar.

I painted just 1 coat of Oscar over Rachel. I don't typically enjoy glitter polish because of the common hassle when it comes to removal. This glitter, however, wiped off just like a normal polish would. I recommend it based on that!

My camera really dislikes dark polishes on my nails, so please forgive the orange fingers it gave me. Elizabeth is true to color...

My nails painted with Julep - Elizabeth.

I painted 2 coats to achieve what's pictured. Elizabeth is described as a midnight blue- but left with just 1 coat, it can look dark purple.

Elizabeth with Oscar...

My nails painted with Julep - Elizabeth and Oscar.

I painted 1 coat of Oscar over Elizabeth, and I'm really enjoying this combination!

The last thing that came with my Maven box was this incredibly phallic piece of Oscar chocolate...


... it was delicious :-)

Did you receive a Maven box this month? If so, which one? If you don't have a Maven subscription, and you'd like to join... you can sign up here.

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. These are the first Julep polish colors that I really like. They look great on you. But no picture of the chocolate? How come?

    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to buy Rachel 'cause that's almost my name! Pretty color, too. :) and yay phallic chocolate!!! i could say so many tacky things but i'll keep it classy ;) for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I settled for this box, thinking I might give it away.But now that I've read your review and seen your pics I am tempted to keep it,especially if the glitter is that easy to remove.I also like the colors on you.Hope mine gets here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! They are stunning colors! I may have to get all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...