Saturday, July 2, 2011

Patriotic Week - Day 6

Hi there!

I couldn't resist the urge to use these colors this week...

Red, white, and blue patriotic water marble. Sally Hansen - Whirlwind
White, China Glaze - Ruby Pumps, and China Glaze Dorothy Who?
Patriotic 4th of July manicure.

I don't think it turned out that great. The design is pretty, but the glitter just doesn't work. I tried a water marble design with Ruby Pumps as a base, as well as a design with Dorothy Who? as a base to see how that might change the look. They both turned out terribly.

If you're looking to try a water marble design and really want to use one of the colors I tried, I suggest choosing just one and using it as a base- then use solid creme colors to marble with... unless, of course, you want it to turn out like mine did :-)

Check out my other patriotic manicure ideas:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 7

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. your finger looks like candy =) I'll bite it lol thanx for sharing love

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't dark, but it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison: Your so hard on yourself, love these swirls for the 4th of July manis. I really love this one, and it's going to be so hard to choose which is the best one...this is so cool, what a neat idea, swirls in red, white and blue...next is the fireworks to start, LOL Beautiful!

    Love,

    Georgey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is my Favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...