Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Splattered Fireworks

Hi there!

I forgot to post a picture of the manicure I did for the 4th of July. I had every intention of choosing one of the 7 ideas I had posted over the past week- but at the last minute, my neighbor's daughter ever-so-sweetly asked me to give her "firework nails." When I was finished, she asked me to make mine match. How could I say no?

Splatter manicure painted with Sinful Colors - What's Your Name.
Splattered with Color Club - Warhol, China Glaze - Kiwi Cool-Ada,
Sinful Colors - Summer Peach, and Sally Hansen - Blue Me Away!
Patriotic 4th of July manicure.

I painted 2 coats of What's Your Name for my base. It's a black polish with blue glassy flecks throughout. I wanted it to mimic the night's sky... and in the right lighting, I can really see it shimmer. I splattered my nails with halved regular drinking straws.

I used neons, so my manicure is much brighter in person than it appears in the picture. This is one of my horrible cell phone pictures, but I think it captures the colors more accurately...


This was my first time trying a splattered manicure. It was a lot of fun, and less time consuming than I thought it would be! It seems everywhere I go, someone either asks me to explain how I did it or they ask where they can buy nails like mine :-) I'll definitely be trying this again with different colors!

What do you think of this type of manicure? Have you tried it before?

Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. i havent tried this technique but it does look lovely on you .!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't tried this technique too but think i need to try this! thanks for this idea :) mwah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison: That's the winner! I knew you had planned this all along, LOL This is the best one I have seen of all the 4th of July manis, no word of lies, the best I have seen, it's the BEST! Your so talented and amazing, splatter technique, gotta try that some day Ha Ha wow super amazing! Love this one...

    Love,

    Georgey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love it! I really need to try a splatter already!

    New follower here, love your blog and hope you'll check out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it :) It turned out very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I have been wanting to try this type of manicure, it's next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth dropped... I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I have never tried this before but I keep seeing it and I want to do it so bad! I might when I do my nails next now!(:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...