Sunday, July 17, 2011

How To: Make Your Holographic Polish Last

Hi there!

It's no secret that I love holographic nail polish! I've used many of the popular brands like Color Club, Nfu Oh, Nubar, and OPI in the past. I've yet to try any holographic polishes by China Glaze. Anyway, I had an itty bitty problem with Nfu Oh when I wore it... it chipped within 2 hours of application, even when I was extremely careful with my hands. From what I've heard and read, I'm not the only one who's experienced frustration with the durability of Nfu Oh polishes.

A while ago, I was playing around with one of the random nail hardener/strengtheners I had picked up at my local Dollar Tree and had never tried. I painted a coat of it, but I wanted color on my nails- so I used it as a base coat. My manicure lasted 15 days! Of course, I had some serious grow out- but I had ZERO tip wear and ZERO chipping! After my last experience with Nfu Oh, I knew I needed to try the hardener/strengthener again.

Early Monday afternoon, I painted this manicure...

My nails painted with Nfu Oh - 65.

I painted a single coat of L.A. Colors’ Hardener/Strengthener and 3 coats of Nfu Oh’s 65. The base coat made it so I needed 3 coats of 65- when, without it, I think I would have just needed 2 coats. I didn't use a top coat.

I planned on posting this blog post a couple days ago, but I didn’t foresee the lack of internet. This is what my manicure looked like on Friday evening...

My nails painted with Nfu Oh - 65.

Keep in mind, I had been wearing this polish for 4.5 days! Aside from my dry cuticles and some very minimal tip wear, it looks almost as if my manicure had been freshly painted… there are no chips, and no peeling. And, I haven’t been delicate with my hands at all!

It’s pretty amazing, if you ask me. Especially for the price! I know I could have worn this manicure for 1-3 more days, but we left on another miniature vacation and I couldn’t help but change it yesterday :-)

Here’s a picture of the base coat must-have...


I’ve used it only twice, but I’m pleasantly surprised at both outcomes. What do you think?

Until next time...

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's awesome, I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Did you use a topcoat with it or just this base?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET! In the event that I am ever lucky enough to own an nfu oh, I will be sure to try this. Sometimes, I really *heart* Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ imfeelingnail-venturous, you're very welcome :D

    @ Veronica, I hope you do try it! It works wonders! Though, I'm wearing it under an OPI color right now and I can tell it won't last 15 days like when I wore it under a China Glaze polish. I suppose it's hit and miss.

    @ thenailaholic, I didn't use a top coat, just the base.

    @ Kari, be good this year and Santa might be nice to you ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeousness once again beautiful colors and beautiful awesome looking nails...<3 <3

    Love,

    George :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeousness once again beautiful colors and beautiful awesome looking nails...<3 <3

    Love,

    George :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *polishes halo*
    *happy dancing*

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fabulous tip, thank you! I use it with the aqua base and seche on top and never had any issues. But when I tried it alone I had the same problem, chipped within a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's impressive! especially without a top coat D:

    ReplyDelete
  11. after I saw you post about this magic base coat in the group I went straight to the dollar tree and bought a bottle... and I didn't keep it to myself either! I told everyone that I know that loves to polish too:)
    Oh and BTW the strengthener/harder part of it makes my nails amazingly strong... and that is saying a lot because my nails are so thin and not strong! I <3 you for sharing this base coat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yaaaay! I'm glad you like this stuff as much as I do :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...