Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Color Club - Space Case - Starry Temptress

Hi there!

Today, I've got my nails painted with Color Club's Space Case, from the Starry Temptress collection. It's an interesting polish- but first, let me show you...

My nails painted with Color Club - Space Case.

I have mixed opinions of this color. The application was so-so... it wasn't horrible, but it was nothing special. The base of the color is a nice neon pink with a blue shimmer. Holographic glitter floats throughout the polish, and that's where I was most let down. I feel like most of the glitter gets covered by the polish, so the end result looks as if I've gotten dirt or air bubbles mixed with the pink. The glitter that stays above the polish does look pretty, though.

I only needed to paint 2 coats to make this polish opaque. I used a coat of Seche Vite over the top of it and I highly recommend some type of topcoat over this polish. The Starry Temptress collection has a topcoat with matching glitter suspended in it, and I've read that it makes all the difference in making this line pop. Perhaps if I would have used it, I would have been more pleased.

Overall, I think this is a pretty color... it's just not what I envision when I think of shimmer, glitter, or holographic polishes.

Do you own any of the polishes from this collection? What's your opinion of them?

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. this collection is on my wishlist i hope next time you try it with the special topcoat you might see a difference :)

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...