Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Week - Day 4

Hi there!

I initially had a completely different idea for this stamp...

My Valentine's nails painted with OPI - DS Divine.
Stamped with Red Angel plate RA-106.

I was planning on painting my nails black, and stamping with a combination of Kleancolor's Metallic Aqua, Metallic Fuschia, and Metallic Green. I'm glad I changed my mind. While the stamping and addition of Seche Vite mutes the holographic effect of DS Divine, this manicure still sparkles pretty heavily.

I painted 3 coats of DS Divine, and I stamped with Wet n Wild's Ebony Hates Chris. In hindsight, I would have stamped with a Konad polish. Ebony Hates Chris didn't stamp well near the tips of my fingernails. As I'm sitting with my hands in front of my face, though, it isn't as easy to spot the patchy parts as the picture portrays.

A look at my original idea...

Red Angel image from plate RA-106.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for changing your mind, the holo idea seems like it would've been really time-consuming. The manicure you ended up with is very cute in itself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...