Sunday, June 26, 2011

Frenzy Versus Cheatin

Hi there!

I recently purchased Pure Ice's Cheatin, only to bring it home and discover it's basically the same as a polish I already owned- Sinful Colors' Frenzy. Woopsies.

Sinful Colors - Frenzy and Pure Ice - Cheatin.

A close-up of the bottles...

Sinful Colors - Frenzy and Pure Ice - Cheatin.

Judging the bottles, I know why I bought it twice. It's mesmerizing! They are both clear based polishes with purple and blue suspended glitter. They were both very difficult polishes to capture on camera... but here's what I could get...

Sinful Colors - Frenzy and Pure Ice - Cheatin.

Sinful Colors - Frenzy and Pure Ice - Cheatin.

Sinful Colors - Frenzy and Pure Ice - Cheatin.

Sinful Colors - Frenzy and Pure Ice - Cheatin.

I painted 3 coats of each polish to achieve what is shown in the pictures. Cheatin is darker, more dense, and has a smidge smaller glitter than Frenzy. They were both easy polishes to work with and they're both beautiful, so I don't favor either one over the other. I don't think it's necessary to own both, but choosing between them is tough!

I can't wait to try these layered over a black polish!

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what you mean, I am addicted to polish, these are definitive beautiful and gorgeous. Thanks for pointing out the differences between the other polish brands...The question is ask is what is it that makes any nail polish so addictive, color, shape, texture or everything.

    Love,

    George :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think these are really nice looking. how bout taking them off, i mean is it difficult to take them off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I think you could justify both. Sinful is for sure more of a layering polish and the Pure Ice could be worn alone with another coat. Plus, they're cheap! Need both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Pure Ice one and I love it, such lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's pretty! i love glitter polish! :) others don't like glitter polish, but im NOT one of them. ehehe its always worth the hassle. :P
    by the way im a new follower :)

    visit my blog :)
    http://neelai14.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone :)

    @ Nails by Kate Vergara, they're both very pooey to remove! I just put 2 coats of each on 2 of my nails and they're just like most glitter polishes- they scratched against the cotton ball pretty badly. It took patience... buuuut, they're pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have L.A colors Jewel Tone and it looks very similar! glitter coverage is probably somewhere in between your two, not that you need another!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...